All about Vaginoplasty and its treatment
Vaginal child delivery often puts significant stress on the ligaments, tissues, and muscles near or within the birth canal. This culminates in a loose vagina, thereby reducing sexual sensation and pleasure. Vaginoplasty, therefore, is meant to restore the damaged tissues and muscles of your vagina to a similar state to the one before childbirth. Apart from rejuvenating your vagina, vaginoplasty also removes any abscesses or growth found within the vaginal canal. In addition, the procedure corrects any congenital defects affecting the pelvic muscles. The procedure can also shrink or enlarge your vaginal opening as desired.
Vaginoplasty may also include alteration of the vulva to promote friction during intercourse. Any external skin considered surplus is also trimmed during this procedure. This gives your vagina a more streamlined appearance. This procedure has gained immense popularity among women who seek to have their loosened vaginal muscles tightened. The vaginal muscles might become lax over time due to the effects of aging, childbirth, and genetics.
Why would your vagina become lax?
As you age, the skin around your vaginal walls becomes less pliable and loose. The situation is exacerbated after you have given birth multiple times. In this case, each delivery leads to reduced elasticity of the vaginal walls due to overstretching. Other causes of a loose vagina include:
- Drastic loss or gain in weight
- Rough sex
- Hormonal changes due to birth controls pills affect tissue regeneration, thus leading to vaginal laxity
A loose vagina means reduced sensuality during intercourse. It also means also that you are less likely to have a fulfilling sexual experience, let alone satisfy your partner. While Kegel exercises have been shown to somewhat tighten a loose vagina when practiced diligently, the restored muscle strength is very minimal.
How would you tell if you have a loose vagina?
Some of the signs of a loose vagina are as follows:
- Urine leakage: If you have trouble holding urine, this could be a sign that your vaginal muscles are loose. You are likely to have urine leakage when you sneeze, laugh or run
- The fingers test: If you can comfortably insert three or more of your fingers into your vagina at the same time, this is yet another indication that your vaginal walls are loose. If you do not encounter significant resistance while doing this even after an attempt to grip those fingers by contracting the vaginal muscles, then your vaginal muscles have loosened.
- Inability to achieve orgasm: If you or your partner previously reached an orgasm but this is increasingly getting more difficult, it can be a sign of a loose vagina
- Fanny farting: This is a situation where you take in air during intercourse. It means that your vaginal walls are not in a position to tightly grip your partner’s penis, thus leaving enough space that can accommodate air
- In case your partner has lost interest in sex and is no longer enthusiastic to have sex like before, or he begins to have problems climaxing or hold an erection after intercourse
Other signs of a loose vagina are:
- Ill-fitting tampons
- Diminished sexual pleasure
- Vagina fails to close up after intercourse
How is vaginoplasty performed?
At first, your doctor will conduct a physical assessment to assess your readiness for surgery. A physical exam also includes noting down your medical history. The physical exam also helps to determine your overall health
Vaginoplasty can help correct a loose vagina by the surgical removal of the lining of the vagina. This is followed by tightening of the vaginal tissues and muscles. If required, your surgeon might recommend additional alterations and repairs to your pelvic organs. A vaginoplasty tones your vagina, thus giving it a more youthful look and feel.
Most women prefer general anesthesia over local before they go for vaginoplasty. This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia too. There are few women who choose local anesthesia.
During the start of the procedure, the surgeon makes an assessment about the extent of tightening necessary. Once the assessment is done, the surgeon makes distinct marks inside the vagina to show the regions where the skin is to be done away with. The surgeon sutures the tissues to tighten them. The extra skin is removed. Women who have undergone vaginoplasty will need about two weeks to recover before they resume their normal activities.
Are there any risks associated with a vaginoplasty?
The procedure is associated with a few risks, including pain, infection and bleeding. However, complications as a result of a vaginoplasty are quite rare
Post-op care and diet
After a vaginoplasty, your doctor will advise you to take rest from your daily activities for about one or two weeks. You are likely to feel pain after the procedure but it will subside with time.
- Your doctor will most likely prescribe pain killers to manage pain. Additionally, you may need to take antibiotics to minimize the risk of infection post-surgery.
Some patients report vaginal discharge post-surgery. However, this also subsides with time.
- You should not have sexual intercourse or insert any tampon into your vagina for eight weeks after surgery. Your doctor may also advise the use of a dilator, although this requirement differs from one patient to another. This will depend upon the amount of tightening that was accomplished during the procedure.
- Our healthcare team will give you advice on the right way for bowel movements and urination post-surgery. This is because both of these functions might irritate the surgical area, thus leading to an infection. It is important therefore that you maintain the area as clean as possible.
- We give our surgical patients a fact sheet that covers the various post-surgical problems and care. The fact sheet also has a contact number that you can reach us if you have any queries or develop a complication while at home. We also discuss bathing and how you need to go about it.
- We normally schedule follow-up appointments with all our patients. It is important that you honour such appointments as it will give us an opportunity to determine the progress that you are making. During our follow-up appointments, we also advise you on the daily activities that you may resume.
- In the meantime, it is important that you take as much rest as possible. You must not lift anything heavy. Try as much as possible to wear loose clothing.
Childbirth or aging might result in a loose or slack vagina. Pelvic floor disease complications or a birth defect can also contribute to a loose vagina. This can lead to reduced sexual satisfaction with your partner, not to mention the loss of self-esteem and embarrassment. It may also interfere with your daily activities, including school work, taking care of your family, and career progression. For this reason, it is important that one gets the necessary medical attention in good time.
- goficure has assembled a team of some of the most highly qualified doctors in Bangalore in administering vaginoplasty treatment. These doctors have decades of experience in performing vaginoplasty successfully.
- They have also mastered the skill of conducting laser vaginoplasty. Laser surgery is preferred over conventional surgery because it is faster, cost-effective, and less invasive. The recovery time is also shorter with minimal risk for infection.
- At goficure, we take care of everything so that you can focus on getting better. We start by giving you one of the most highly discounted consultations in Bangalore so that the doctor can make a correct diagnosis of the condition.
- We make arrangements with specialty hospitals in Bangalore where you will undergo surgery. We will make arrangements to have you picked from your home, assist you in filling all the paperwork, oversee the surgery, and arrange for your transportation back home.
- goficure will also assist in getting your insurance claim. Our post-consultation is also highly discounted, which is a rarity in Bangalore. We liaise with leading nutritionists in Bangalore who provide post-op care and guidance so that you can recover quickly.
Exclusive features you get with goficure
1. Dedicated Medi-Pal
A dedicated Medi-Pal is assigned to you. Your Medi-Pal will be your one point contact throughout the treatment and post-op period. They will always be available for you
2. Quick doctor’s appointments
After understanding your concerns, your Medi-Pal will schedule your consultation with a specialist doctor. Your doctor will carry out necessary tests and advise the course of treatment
3. Hassle-free treatment
If you opt to get the surgery done, goficure will take care of it completely. Right from booking your surgery, claiming your insurance to being with you throughout the procedure, your Medi-Pal will do it all
4. Post-op recovery support
Your Medi-Pal would ensure quick recovery. This includes booking your follow up consultations and helping you with doctor-recommended steps for diet & exercise
Smooth and hassle-free
Choosing to get your treatment done with us would rid you of major and minor inconveniences alike. Whether it be...
We work with specialist doctors with several years of experience in diagnosing and treating...
Your doctor will explain to you in detail about your condition and if there is a chance of developing...
Life is precious. Each day lost in sickness can't be relived. It's time to shed inhibitions and...
Safe and reliable
All our treatments and procedures are not just quick and provide immediate relief, but they are also...
The difference between a typical hospital and us is that we understand that your treatment is not all about...
Your doctor will diagnose you appropriately and transparently. Rest assured, our aim is to ensure...
Our aim is to shorten your treatment and healing time and make it a fraction of the time...
Our doctors are vetted for their experience and skills. Rest assured, you are in safe hands. The best treatment for your condition is delivered all the time
A dedicated Medi-Pal is assigned to take care of the entire process. This includes booking your appointments, scheduling the surgery, handling your documentation including claiming insurance, discharge, and post-op recovery
Goficure delivers high-quality treatment to you at affordable prices. Superior treatment and best quality of service is assured while keeping costs reasonable
Post procedure care and follow-ups
Our engagement doesn't end after your surgery. It continue until you go back to your normal life. Free diet and exercise consultations during your recovery phase are offered to ensure a quick recovery